Who is the course for?
This qualification is primarily developed for candidates who wish to manage an MOT Vehicle Test Station (VTS), or those who will have direct responsibility for MOT operations at the VTS in the future.
£460 exc VAT.
• Develop the legislative and compliance knowledge required to manage an MOT Test Centre
• Encourage improvements in customer service
• Aid developing and supervising staff
• Develop understanding of the centre quality systems and audits
How will it be assessed?
Assessment will be through an online multiple-choice exam conducted at the end of the course.
How long is the course?
The course is four days.
Level 3 Award in MOT Test Centre Management Certificate.
A qualified MOT Manager is eligible to become an Authorised Examiner (AE)/Authorised Examiner Designated Manager (AEDM).
Before you join this course you must be able to provide evidence for the below:
- You must have a current DBS certificate.
You will be provided with a section to upload this document upon completing the payments section of your booking form.
All documents must be uploaded at least 3 days before the course begins. Failure to do so may result in you not being allowed to attend the training sessions.
- If the application to become an AE is from an individual, they must take on the role of AEDM.
- If the application is from a partnership, the partner who will exercise the most direct control over all MOT testing operations must be the one to perform the AEDM role.
- If the application is from a company, the director, or an officer of the company having direct responsibility for all MOT testing operations at all sites, must be the one to perform the AEDM role. (Please refer to the MOT Testing Guide for definition of officer of the company)
- If the application is from a Designated Council, then a senior council officer having direct responsibility for all MOT testing operations must be the one to perform this.
- In the case of large organisations with multiple sites the AE may nominate the senior manager who has direct responsibility for all MOT testing operations at all sites, to perform the AEDM role.
Please note that you may not be the most appropriate person to attend. If it is your intention to take the role of AEDM (Authorised Examiner Designated Manager and the DVSA decide you do not meet the above criteria this may prevent any application for Authorisation progressing.